East London NHS Foundation Trust’s Global Partnership with Uganda, the Butabika-East London Link has been shortlisted for a HSJ Award under the ‘International Health Partnership’ category.
Jonathan Warren, Trust Executive Lead of the Link said: “I’m delighted that the fantastic work of the Link has been recognised by being placed on the shortlist for the prestigious HSJ Award. It is a testament to the dedication of the volunteers both in Uganda and UK who give their time and energy to this outstanding work”.
The team will now make preparations to present in front of HSJ Awards judges on why they should win the award, and will find out if they have won at a glitzy ceremony in November.
The full shortlist can be seen below:
1. Developing Multidisciplinary Stroke Care in Accra, Ghana, Wessex Ghana Stroke Partnership
2. FaM-LEAP - Family Medicine Leadership, Education and Assesment Programme, Royal College of General Practitioners, UK & Stellenbosch University, South Africa
3. Gulu Man Link - sustainable approaches to educational programme delivery, Gulu - Man Link - University Hospital of South Manchester
4. Improving Global Health through Leadership Development, NHS Thames Valley and Wessex Leadership Academy
5. King’s Sierra Leone Partnership, King’s Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre
6. King's Somaliland Partnership, King's Somaliland Partnership
7. Making a difference to healthcare outcomes in Tanzania, Northumbria Healthcare Foundation Trust
8. NHS Grampian/Felege Hiwot knowledge exchange partnership, NHS Grampian
9. Paediatric Surgery in Uganda, ARCHIE - Wood Foundation Global Surgery
10. Partnership for Excellence, The Butabika - East London Link