The Butabika-East London Link is a multi-disciplinary, institution-to-institution collaboration between the East London NHS Foundation Trust and Butabika National Referral Hospital, Uganda.
A belief that mental health services should be tailored to the social and cultural context of the user
- A commitment to mental health within the context of international human rights and social justice
A belief in working and learning together as equal partners
Better mental health in Uganda by
- building the capabilities, capacity, skills and leadership of mental health workers and other health staff through training and development
- increasing the involvement of users and carers in the development of mental health services
Better mental health in the UK by
- building the ideas and skills of East London staff through dialogue and relationships with Butabika Hospital and other Ugandan organisations and people
- contributing to national debates about mental health in international development.